Friday, December 21, 2007

Day off ...5 days to Christmas

I still am having a hard time grasping the fact that Christmas is just a few days away. My job is so dependent on this time of the year, yet we are not seeing the boom that I had been hoping was on the horizon with this store re-opening. But, as I am learning over the last few days (trying not to go out and get wasted, like I have in the past to handle the stress and chaos of this season) I suppose that I should not be so concerned about this job. Granted, I work very hard to be exceptional at whatever I take on the responsibility to complete in my career, I should know that I have other options, many other options in this life, in this city, in this industry.

I am excited to go to Massachusetts for Christmas eve and Christmas day. Yippee! Back up north, where they actually have snow at the moment (not this frigid bullshit with no visible reason to be cold if you are simply observing the day from your window.)

I think Nick and I might try to go to Barcelona and Southern France early in the new year. Flights are super cheap and I think that might be an amazing way jump into Europe considering I have never been before. Training around Northern Spain and Southern France sounds fucking amazing.

Need to work on photos. Tomorrow. I must hold myself to that. I also need to work out this writing thing. Sick of being the person saying what I want to do...need to just do it.

I need to just finish the photo book first and then move onto the project I decided on writing 8 years ago but kept finding excuses to never start it.

Fuck it.

Got a new TV for Christmas from my mom and step-dad and can I tell you just how fucking radical it is. I can't stop watching HD Discovery Channel! It is UNREAL how big of a difference HD is.

Going to bed now though. Must be up for work in the early morn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home