Friday, November 16, 2007

the consummate host?

what do you do to give your buddies a New York experience?

Drag their asses away from Midtown Hell and bring them to the EV for a night of cheap drinks and chit chat!!!

So Jen a good friend from STL (wife of the Fritz Monkey) is in town for a few days for a teacher's convention...English...9th grade..WOW she is a trooper, right? And I thought that a little local flavor would treat her right! She and her friend Amy met several friends and acquaintances from my local haunts that were either FROM St Louis or have lived there...made conversation on their own, learned local shit...got a fantastically rendered map via my hand and astute spacial and navigational memory (a frickin map ok... of manhattan...so they don't end up in fucking Harlem looking for the Brooklyn Bridge) and received two lovely roses thanks to D and his charm.

I think I did ok.
We meet Sunday for brunch here in the EV again. Maybe Yuca? Or Esperanto...? or maybe this is the time for the Essex house so I can send them off with a bang. Who knows.

Good night.
One shift left then I am a lazy bitch for 2 days. Lazy in the terms of "not working...or thinking of anything work related"...

I will be doing interesting things....might try to hit up the Nat History Museum finally.

Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home