Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saturday Night's Alright for Mulling

So my first Saturday off in roughly ...wow, I can't really remember when I had a Saturday AND a Sunday off in a row....like, together. WOW. Anyway...

Yesterday was a fantastic day off. I wasnt a lazy piece of shit like I predicted, but rather was pleasantly active.

Started off with brunch at Alias on the LES with Jenny and Troy. Traditional Huevos with corn tortillas, beans and root veggie homefries. YUM. They had this amazing jalepeno mash that was delicious. Yum. And we all split a half carafe of sangria.

Then straight to the American Museum of Natural History. We went through the butterfly exhibit which was AWESOMELY hot and moist (roughly 85 degrees and 90 percent humidity inside the vault) and saw some of the most delicate little flying things I've ever seen. They land on you, fly all around you....it was amazing.

Then to Drop off Service Bar for a quick pint of Boddington's and a game of Snowman on the Magic Touch machine...(jenny trounced me)

Then we deceided to make an evening of it and cooked dinner and watched a Hitchcock film (Strangers on a Train) and mulled red wine AND oatmeal "everything" cookies.

Whooo.
Yes, eventful AND satisfying. I cashed in early though and was in bed before 1am reading...Jenny and Troy were on a mission to play some pool....Saturday is notoriously douchey around these parts, so I opted out.

Well,
Off to meet my STL friends for a quick early brunch, show them off to Ground Zero and then head home again for some photo work!

LATE compadres

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home