Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The "after"

Now I sit listening to reggae, ginger tea by my left hand... smiling like I just had marathon sex.

I can honestly say that a day out in the sun can give you a clarity that is nearly unrivaled. ALMOST. I started to read my book on the myth of christ as a man with a family (no not the DaVinci Code, THANK YOU) and had that salad with coffee.

I sat in the sunshine with my tank top on over my bikini top, my ipod blaring my latest favorite hip hop mixtape and soaked up my clarity like a sponge.

The park was packed with kids and hipsters and old people, dogs and babies and birds seemed to be everywhere....

Sitting by one of the playgrounds, the teens made out...sprayed each other with water and generally screamed obscenities for no real reason but just because they could. The small children just screamed. That's when the ipod went from average volume to LOUD.

I love how being in the sun instantly puts you in a better mood...it makes you feel healthier. Or at least it makes me feel that way. I feel alive...purposeful, it almost makes you feel like you are bigger than life, all those life giving rays soaking through your pores to possess you with supernatural greatness.

I thrive on those days...the times I have off where I can sit and revel in the simple joy of the sun...

But I thoroughly dislike Florida (mostly)....wierd, huh? Never been to Miami, maybe that city would make me want to change my mind hahahha..

Tomorrow the camera comes out.
Now, back to my tea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home