Saturday, December 29, 2007

Pictures of a past life

So I took a shit-ton of pictures when I was home in Massachusetts. Some of the town I grew up in...a lot of the landscape that I always neglected and now think about, and a good amount of "digitizing" old family pictures that I want to have a copy of.

Pictures of the trailer that I was raised in up until I was 11 and my parents divorced and we moved across the road to my grandparents big old farmhouse. Pictures of that beautiful old house from when it was glorious and splendid...(I couldn't bring myself to take a shot of how it looks now, that it has fallen into disrepair and is owned by someone outside of my family) and all the fun and silly things we used to do as a family... sledding down the front/back yards on toboggans, halloween costumes made from scratch... dressing up for New Year's eve and wearing hats for no real reason... the torturous suspenders and naked baby bellies of growing up in the country...

They are fantastic.

The old, dilapidated barn structures that were once maintained and used daily that have withered and rotted and crumbled with time... now sit alone against the snowy fields and bare trees...

The sunlight cutting holes through the racing clouds on the top of the mountains and streaking across the crusted over snow that still covers the pastures... like the tundra... I had hopes of spotting a fox or two, but none were about... nothing was curious of me and my car pulled to the side of the pock-marked road... none save the sheep who sat then stood then blinked then chewed then peed and stood staring some more..

I will post the link once I have some uploaded...

Windows into my past... letting a few of you see where I come from.
... could explain a few things, I guess... could raise more questions, I guess, too... who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home