Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sailing on the Hudson

I went for a great, random outing today. Rather than sit my ass down in the same booth having the same brunch meal around the same time...

I WENT SAILING!

Yes...it was amazing...so beautiful...a bit choppy at the beginning but other than that it was fantastic once we got outside the main shipping/water taxi/ferry lanes on the river....

Made me want a boat - BAD!
haha

But yea, I was a bit worried I would be sea sick ...but really, it wasn't that bad. I had the willies in my belly for about the first 15 minutes...I really just wanted it to be mellow...but the endless booze and multiple birthdays made it a bit rowdy...but good..really, really good.

It was very relaxing for the most part. I never spend time on the west side of Manhattan. Strange that I have lived here for 3 years and never been on a cruise around the west or east side of the island! It was a very humbling and exciting experience. Seeing the skyline so close to you (not like when you are on the BQE or the NJ turnpike) is breathtaking!

The sun was stubborn. Hmrph. It eventually came back out though...chilly air, but with the sun on you, the weather was perfect. Crisp fall day, champagne and friends on the water...random, but so welcome!

I am off to work on some of the pictures I took.
You can see them at my flickr site linked on the side of the blog.

Peep. Let me know what you think!

I highly recommend the experience to anyone who isn't afraid of boats...it was so worth it. I want to go again...was a nice return to nature (in the middle of the big city) and made me miss being outdoors. Us New Yorkers spend so much time inside, and think of outside as our mode of getting to and from appointments, that we often forget just how easy it is to relax when the sun is on you, the air is reasonably clear...and you willingly forget the craziness you left on land.

Next stop....here.


Looks good, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home