Monday, September 17, 2007

Sheeeeeesh


So tonight, I think I can now say that I am a real New Yorker.

I went out for a walk before bed tonight (as it is freakin beautiful weather this time of year...60 degrees = bliss in my honest opinion) and I was told that I couldn't walk down 12th street because (and I quote) "you caaan't walk down theyah...some people got shot"

!!!!
Some people?
Jesus!
There were tons of cops but no lights, so they must have been investigating. No idea if anyone died or what the reasons were...but- and 12th street is like, 5 fucking blocks from my crib - I kind of just went "oh, ok...no big...have a nice night"

LIKE IT WASN'T A BIG FREAKIN DEAL.

Wow.

I mean, as my friend Gabe put it...it was probably just some hipsters arguing over some skinny jeans and they had had one too many PBRs.

But in retrospect, I think that made me a New Yorker. That something of that magnitude was just...expected/usual/no big deal.

I sincerely hope that no one was severely injured.
And I hope that they incarcerate whoever committed the act.
(necessary disclaimers to state so I don't feel like such a horrible human being)

fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home