Monday, July 10, 2006

Random thoughts of the day




Do you own the name or does it own you?
So, as I am sitting here doing my nails, trying to find a moment of zen while the bar-goers outside my window shout obscenities at one another in some form of drunken-irish/israeli/chicago-ese...a start thinking about what is in a name.

Hmm. Why is it that every Tracy I know has the same personality? Same thing with every Matt. And then I started going down the list of names thinking how many attributes that correspond with a name, MATCH the person I know with that name.

Tiffany - stripper.
Charles - geeky douchebag know-it-all
Heather - don't even get me started with her....
Steve - yeah, you know Steve. Everybody likes him, but no one really knows him. He is kinda a dick...it shows when he drinks.

Then there are the ones who seem to break out of the mold and make you question the name, it is usually only one person in your life who does this though (i know one name that has two exceptions but that is SO rare let me tell you)

So what happens when we give a child their name? Are we dooming them to a lifestyle and personality that is predetermined? Will all Tiffany's be either a stripper or a debutant? Is there some kind of fucked up cosmic mojo that surrounds these names..a collective of the past lives of people who have had it and perpetuate the trend by taking over the newly christened child's psyche?

Wow..now that would be fucked up!

Hmm...
Just something I was thinking about ...
Nails are dry.

OH YEAH....FUCK STREET FAIRS IN NEW YORK.

They suck
They make the street smell like a dirty golf club's kitchen drain.

cheers
; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home