Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Settling into it-

Today was my second day at my new store. It is proving to be more challenging that I thought originally. I am not used to the traffic patterns which vary immensely from my old store in SOHO. Working at a mid-town location makes me realize how special SOHO really is....or just all of lower Manhattan for that part. Midtown is like...if you work in Midtown, you shop on your way to work, during lunch and on your way home. After 5 the store is a ghost town. Yes, tumbleweeds! But from 10-2 it is packed with bored corporate workers killing time or looking for a reason to take a slightly longer than one hour lunch break.

I have two new co-managers that I am training, and with it being a holiday week, i regret that they are learning more on the fly than within the framework of an actual training regimen. My staff is also 75% brand new to the company as of this week so they are working and learning as they go. I am sure everyone is fine, but I was hoping not to do to my new team as has always been done to me when I have started with a new retail organization - being thrown to the wolves and hoping that they can handle the chaos of the fight!

I work 8 days in a row this week - HELL.

I may not be going to Arizona for the Managers Conference and Retreat as I don't this it wise for the business since I will be leaaving it to a completely new person to run who has less than 1 week's experience with the company.

But even if I don't go to the conference, its no big whoop...That means I can take my days off when Nick comes back from the UK and we will get to spend more than 12 hours together ha! That would rule rule rule!

Back in a bit.
Bed and banging calls....



Oh yeah, no fireworks this year....Nick and I decided that we were punk rock and resisted the urge of millions of other New Yorkers to climb to their roofs and watch the fireworks. Fuck Independence. We aren't so independent anyway... starbucks has most of us by the balls..

; 0 )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home