Tuesday, October 02, 2007

When work and life collide


Post family visiting, wedding attending chaos...pre store re-opening, holiday preparing...

Here I am.

This past week was decent...a bit frazzling towards the end, but overall good.

I went to an advanced screening for the new Clooney film, Michael Clayton. I recommend it to all. Wonderful film, great serious topic, and a gritty look at corporate law.

Went to see The Darjeeling Limited last night with friends...another great one. I definately liked this one (Wes Anderson films are just so subtle and amazing) but I still think the Tenenbaums is my favorite.

Work yesterday was busy and crazed, but today was an off day and just filled with shit.

An ally at work resigned. I'm feeling like I am sacrificing SO much for this store, and to date I have no payoff.

Might not be able to go to STL, still cant plan my wedding....starting to feel stressed - yet TRYING ...fucking trying SO hard not to be.

Hung with my good friend Jenna for a bit last night (went to the movie with her and Andrew and Miles) and had a long discussion of a mutual friend who we are concerned about.

Trying to be a good friend, yet feeling like I just want out of the situation entirely.

I dunno.

Is that wrong of me?
I mean, I could ask how I can help...but she just shrugs me off...
I ask what is wrong and she just shakes her head...
I could give her advice, but it might just make her feel bad...

I dont know.
Part of me just wants to write this email to her stating my concern and telling her I cant watch her do this to herself anymore.

Today I decided that I would just not go around her and when she asks why I havent been around, I will say "focusing on myself and being happy" and see if that works...

I just don't know.

I just don't know.

*sigh*
life is hard...why people do the things they do is beyond me.
(just step back, Carrie....just step back...let her figure it out on her own)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home