Monday, February 11, 2008

Clarity? HA! Overrated.


Who needs that!
All I need is a camera, an iMac, music, tea, maybe a nice glass of wine...a nibble of chocolate, and no required time to wake up.

Tonight we get up to get down.

Tonight is MONDAY. Formerly known as "Movie Night".
We won't discuss that.
Granted, no movie is out that I particularly am anxious to see...
I hope to revive it as soon as something interesting arises in the midst of the crap currently playing.

So back to the fact that it is Monday.

Fun, friends, laughter and well... a few stiff drinks and the thrill of playing in front of at least 20 people (more than a lot of shitty local bands can say they draw at a booked show!)

It is bloody cold as all hell here in NYC as well. With the wind chill... I believe it is about 128 degrees below zero. No bullshit.
If there was snow, there would be no reason to bitch as it is a visual reinforcement for the temperature. Without it, the freezing air seems to be just a cruel joke.

I do love the cold though. I am a cold weather girl. I love hot weather, too, but usually only if I am in a bikini sipping on margaritas brought to me by non-American teenagers working at a beach hut. While I am reading a particularly non-engaging book. (Note: I said book, not piece of literature.)

The cold just makes me feel alive. If I stop moving, or walk too slow, I will gradually creak and crackle and slow even more, freezing into a monument of someone who left somewhere and was heading somewhere else, but never quite made it.

I also simply love sweaters, blankets and fireplaces. Let's be real honest... you would have to be insane not to love those things... truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home