Saturday, February 02, 2008

Revealing it's true nature


It is harder than I thought it would be.

Ironic.

Namibia. Horses. Tethered. Sun setting.
I had vivid dreams of the plains last night again.
Something luring me into the black towards the lumbering structures that resemble life and love and death all in one jagged line piercing the night sky.
Daily growing closer.
Every night I am a day's journey closer to the base of it.

Every night, farther away from understanding what the hell it is.

At times it seems red...blazing. Causing blisters on my skin and forcing me to shy away, cursing the whole time at the vague feeling of resentment at how powerful it appears to be...even in my ignorance of what it truly is.

Wicked, selfish beast. Selfless yet not chivalrous... still infuriating.

What shall I dream of this evening, I wonder.

I wonder if one day I will dream of an ice shelf. A slowly advancing glacier that overtakes all in its path, regardless of intention or need or hope.

Tonight I think I will dream of dust, of heat and of things that elude me.
Tonight I fall into darkness with only questions.
Tonight is for the plains and mountains and lonely call of aging ideals.

Tonight may again be salvation, though I doubt that highly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home