Wednesday, January 09, 2008

See this movie


There Will Be Blood.
A wonderful film, totally sucked me in. Daniel Day-Lewis owns the entire screen. He is intense and complex yet a simple family man. He is frighteningly mean and bluntly capitalistic.

The score is near perfect for the picture. I just found out that the dude from Radiohead did it, Jonny Greenwood. Fucking - A.

The violence isn't gratuitous or even unnecessary but it is the result of real work hazards and passion for control. Daniel is simply chilling, his language, his intonation...

The reverend, Eli? Good, classic bible beating character but he is creep creep creepy. Calm and quiet, but when he snaps - shit. Pentecostals.

I am still digesting the movie. I think I will see it again. I had no idea it was so long until I tried to stand back up once the credits started to roll. HA! All crampy in the calves from sitting still for 3 hours.

It was fantastic. I highly recommend it. This and No Country for Old Men are my top 2 for 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home