Saturday, February 09, 2008

Insomnia sucks


I'm just sayin'...
I think I can sleep tonight.
Pretty tired.
Fell asleep for a bit on the couch.
Slept like 3 hours last night, 3 hours the night before that. 5 out of 7 nights I just lay there...and when I do fall asleep, something wakes me up (probably my devil brain telling me that I will fuck up and oversleep or forget to do something...) and then I jolt awake only to lie there again...waking and freaking out that I can't fall asleep.

Jesus.
I haven't had it this bad since I was about 25 back in Massachusetts and I would just sit out on my front porch in my rocking chair, watching the drug dealers houses on my street for the typical signs of chaos...six pack of beer at my side. 5:30 I would usually get a bit drowsy. Then up again at 7am to get ready for work. That beat me down in about 6 months.
I even count backwards from 100. I used to only remember getting to about 74 before muscles got tingly and I would drift away into the night. Now? You don't want to know.

So I hit the sack.
I think I can sleep tonight.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home