Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Snaggle-tooth


So, Jewel.....
HA
no...I am just reminiscing about olden times.....back in the "day" so to speak....when hardcore and metal didn't involve dj's and programmers.
I just read an article from a friend in st louis ( HERE ) about a dude that I knew a bit...not well, but who I knew alot about through other friends and his music...his exploits from tour and from the random phone calls that I would receive from Nick when he was out drinking with Lynn and his band.
WOW...I can't believe that it has been 8 years since Lynn was killed...time does roll onward, and sometimes you forget moments that make you stop and reflect.


While Lynn didn't truly change my life, his music gave me much pleasure and I used to love, and I mean fucking LOVE going to see them live. WHAT A FUCKING SHOW....adrenaline, booze and bitches.....so much fun.

I think the first time I ever saw them play was opening for Coal Chamber. I was like WHO the FUCK are these insane dudes just going apeshit on stage and ripping my face off?!?! I think I have video of them somewhere in storage in stl...and I have some badass pics...great shows, my god...

I remember the last time I saw Snot play, it was Lynn's birthday and the whole tour attacked him onstage with silly string and made him drink shots on the spot. Fucking unreal....I drove down to see them a little bit later with Soulfly and hed(pe) and they cancelled...I was so bummmed out! And then Nick called me not long after that to tell me Lynn was killed in a multi-car pile up in Cali with his dog, Dobbs. I was hanging with another st louis friend at my house in Massachusetts when I got the call.

For a band and group of musicians that the majority of the world knew little about, I feel pretty lucky to have stumbled upon them at a show in Northampton, Massachusetts, and through random coincidence, ended up having Lynn and the band play a significant role in Nick's life and in that respect, my own. Even now we still keep in random contact with the other members of the Snot and their new bands (at least until Nick went away on tour 10 months out of the damn year! ) We named our dog in Dobb's (the original's ) honor...

Live on, memory of a bad ass man, with so much more personality and heart than most assumed he had. In fact he had it in abundance and changed the lives of MANY people in my life and made them confident and self assured in themselves and their passion for music.

RIP lynn strait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home